How To: Use Social Media In Events To Grow Online + Offline
Events are a great way to connect with people and grow your business. But what's wildly under-utilized in events is social media!
Right out of the gate, here's some steps you can take to grow your social with events:
Overall, some recommendations with cross pollinating events and social media:
- Choose your preferred social media platform. Instagram and LinkedIn are ideal.
- Find the sponsor of the event. Follow and interact (comment and like posts) with them.
- Find the host of the event. Follow and interact with them.
- Find speakers, vendors and participants. Follow and interact with them.
- Find the official event hashtag(s). Use them in your posts.
- During and after the event, take selfies and videos and tag the appropriate people with the event hashtag.
- Be sure in your posts to mix up the location tags between the venue, city and region for increased reach.
- When you meet people, instead of swapping business cards, ask them "Which social media platform can I connect with you on?"
- Post a recap after the event.
Intrigued by this, but need a little more or want to continue the conversation? CLICK HERE to send me a message and keep the conversation going about hashtags. Feel free to also email me, email@example.com